A series of five half-day virtual equity workshops for (a 20% discount).
The 5-part program is designed to inspire awareness and initiate action, creating more equitable and inclusive environments.
You can select from any of our curricula, we can customize workshops to fit your needs, or you can follow our recommended progression. Explore our proposed sessions by clicking each title to expand the abstract.
When you have a lot on your mind, your capacity to work, and learn is diminished. In this session, we will learn the brain science for mental bandwidth, the cognitive and emotional resources needed to make good decisions, learn, care for family, have healthy relationships, and more. Bandwidth is reduced by the scarcity of money, health, respect, esteem, acceptance, safety, affirmation, choices, belonging, time, food, social capital, etc. The resulting stress also affects our physiology in powerful ways. Marginalized and minoritized individuals are more susceptible to reduced bandwidth; however, we can help each other reclaim bandwidth and improve capacity to learn and contribute with intentional effort. We’ll examine specific strategies for restoring cognitive resources, thus creating more equitable and inclusive environments that yield success.
Everyone has a brain, and everyone has bias. Our brains can work against our best intentions, though if we use our brains to understand and combat unconscious bias, we can create a more inclusive and just world. In this neuroscience-based session, we will review barriers to equality and inclusion, examine 8 neural mechanisms in our brains that support prejudice and stereotypes (the underlying functions of bias), and identify 9 self-regulation strategies to reduce prejudice and stereotypes. When we employ these strategies, we can create more equitable and inclusive environments for everyone.
Equal opportunity is both a legal term and colloquialism. We have “equal opportunity” employers, and many believe that everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed. Some might align this belief with the American Dream, rags to riches, or bootstrap ideologies. In this session, we’ll unpack specific historical and systemic reasons for why “equal opportunity” isn’t equal for everyone. We’ll learn about the four I’s of oppression, ideological, institutional, interpersonal, and internalized, what we can do to avoid contributing to these systems, and specific strategies for making meaningful change within our circle of influence.
Our biases alter our perceptions and influence our interactions with others. An asset mindset moves past implicit biases to see the value in others and welcomes diverse ways of knowing and doing. We can transform and improve relationships by shifting from a deficit to an asset mindset. Change how you see colleagues, classmates, family, or students by finding your “sixth sense,” a liberating perspective that allows you to see the value in others rather than what they lack. In this session, we’ll explore asset/deficit idealogy through the lens of the competing values framework, evaluate our environments for ways in which we may be unintentionally prioritizing one way of knowing and doing, and strategize approaches for creating more equitable and inclusive environments.
We recommend that this workshop be specifically optimized based on participants’ input. When participants have a choice or agency in the programming, motivation, and interest increase. We can design content that will meet their unique needs, or they can choose from our portfolio of programs.
The flat-rate includes:
- Downloadable materials
- Our Zoom meeting platform for up to 100 people
- Dedicated course/community set up on our Elevate Inclusion network (BONUS $3500 value). The course will house all resources shared throughout the program and provide a shared space for asynchronous learning and discussion.
About our virtual sessions
- A half-day workshop is typically three to four hours.
- We run our sessions in 50-minute segments, so participants get 10 minutes free at the end of every hour. This keeps people engaged and energized.
- Our sessions are highly interactive with polls, chats, breakout-group activities and discussions, and large-group sharing.
- We take advantage of technology to scaffold learning, providing real-time tools that facilitate active engagement and maximize contribution.
Details and add-ons
- For the discount, the series must be completed within 2021.
- If you prefer in-person workshops, we can do that, provided we follow the CDC guidelines. The pricing structure would be different, though, for in-person sessions.
- Want to know how effective the program was on your campus and measure the professional growth of participants? We can do a participant pre/post survey and provide a detailed report with the analysis for an additional fee.
- We have more in-depth data-driven programs, including action research projects, 1-1, and small group coaching. If you are interested in this level of programming, we can provide those details for you.
For a limited time, we are offering a bundled discount for a series of five 1/2 day virtual equity workshops for $10,000 (20% discount). Contact us today to book your workshop!